If you see a downed powerline, smell natural gas, or suspect an emergency, please call 911 then Holyoke Gas & Electric at (413) 536-9300.
Report a Power Outage
Please call (413) 536-9300 to report a power outage.
Before reporting an outage, check to see if your neighbors are also experiencing loss of power. If the issue is isolated to your home or business, check your fuse box or circuit breaker to see if the issue is limited.
During an outage, proper procedures can help prevent damage and health hazards. Below is a list of important procedures that can make your waiting period safer and easier:
- While you are waiting for HG&E crews to arrive, turn off all appliances that turn on automatically when power is restored. These devices include refrigerators, televisions, water pumps, and furnaces. Also, unplug all unnecessary appliances, such as stereos, TVs, and computers.
- Leave one light on so you will know immediately when the power is back on. Once power has been restored, gradually reconnect appliances and reset clocks and timers.
- Avoid opening your refrigerator or freezer as much as possible in order to preserve the temperature. Your food should stay fresh for at least 24 hours if the door is seldom opened.
- To help prepare your family for power outages caused by storms, make sure you have the following available:
- Flashlight and batteries
- Battery-powered radio
- Candles and matches
- Extra food and water
- First aid supplies and medicine
- Fire extinguisher
- Do not plug a backup generator into an outlet in your home without first disconnecting from our system. If you don't, the power from your generator will flow backwards into our distribution system and could seriously injure our linemen.
Report a Non-Emergency Issue
Have you noticed a tree with branches too close to an electrical wire, sneakers on wires, or low electrical wires in your area? The sooner you report issues on HG&E’s system, the sooner we can dispatch a crew to fix them – ensuring reliable service for all. Report required maintenance or potential areas of concern by filling out the form below.
If you are reporting an issue with a streetlight, please fill out our Streetlight Outage Form.